Become a certified Long Trail End-to-Ender!
Who counts as an End-to-Ender? Anyone who has thru-hiked
or section hiked the entire Long Trail!
The Green Mountain Club encourages anyone who has hiked the entire Long Trail, in one trip or many, this year or in previous years, to apply for an End-to-End certificate and number. Long Trail End-to-End certifications are archived in the collections of the Vermont Historical Society.
Please follow the directions below closely.
1. You must fill out the Long Trail End-to-End Certification Application.
2. Submit your Long Trail Journal.
- Keep your journal submission at or under 10 pages
- Typed journals are preferred
- Journals containing nothing more than lists of shelters, hikes, and dates are not sufficient.
- Journals will not be returned.
3. Mail both by December 31 to:
Green Mountain Club
4711 Waterbury-Stowe Road
Waterbury Center, Vermont 05677
Certified End-to-Enders will receive:
1. Certified Long Trail End-to-Enders who are not currently members of GMC will receive a complimentary one-year GMC membership.
3. End-to-End rocker patch
4. GMC logo patch
5. The names and addresses of certified End-to-Enders are listed annually in the summer issue of the Long Trail News. If you submit your application after December 31 your name will not be listed until the following year.
It's that easy! The toughest part will be waiting for us to mail your certificate and patches to you.
This does take us a while, as we enjoy reading everyone’s journal. The average turn-around time is 4-8 weeks.
For questions about your application please contact us at (802) 244-7037 or gmc(at)greenmountainclub(dot)org
For information on The Long Trail side-to-side certification program, click here.